Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Week Two

We've been in South Carolina for just over two weeks now. Here is a round-up of our second week.

I finished unpacking most of our stuff and we got rid of all the boxes. Here is what it looked like at the beginning of the week.

We finally got the Internet in our apartment! I don't know how people live without it in their homes, I know we sure had a hard time!

For all my library friends, I got my York County Library card this week. Apparently I can't go much longer than a week without a library card anymore either. Here is what the Library looks like. It's a really nice library, but I miss self-checkout and picking up my own holds. So far I've checked out a bunch of materials on the area.

On Friday we picked up our South Carolina license plates so now we don't look quite so foreign driving around town. In South Carolina you only have a rear license plate.


I've been trying to figure out which grocery store I want to regularly shop at. It wouldn't be so hard if there weren't so many choices. Within 10 minutes of our apartment there are at least five different grocery stores plus a Super Wal-mart AND a Super Target! The thing I don't like is that each store requires you to have a card in order to get the discounted specials, so I have a whole ring of tags on my keychain.

On the weekend we went to the U.S. National Whitewater Center to see the U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Whitewater Slalom Kayaking. For more on this event, check-out my previous post.

I guess it was a busy week and the next few are filling up as well. On Wednesday we leave for a week and a half in Charleston, SC (and the beach)! Korey will be working on some autonomous lawnmowers at a golf course for his job, and since I don't have a job yet, I thought I would tag along. Our friend Aleathea is going to escape from the end of winter in Minnesota and catch up with us for a long weekend. I'm also hoping to connect with a friend from high school who is now living in Charleston. It should be a lot of fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are certainly leading an interesting life out there. Hope the beach is warm enough to enjoy it. Here is a robotic dog to help with that autonomous lawn mower.
http://www.bostondynamics.com/content/sec.php?section=BigDog

5/05/2008 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home